Meals on Wheels
- Delivery volunteers undergo health screening and follow CDC guidelines. Masks are required for all delivery volunteers, and hand sanitizer is supplies.
- Meals are delivered using a no-contact system to reduce exposure.
- Clients are being monitored for risk factors.
Senior Chore Service
One-on-one volunteer assistance is suspended until virus exposure risks have subsided. An exception can be made for outdoor chores under certain precautions for both client and volunteer.
Group chore crews for one-time outdoor projects may be scheduled with precautions.
We couldn’t do it without such a caring community
We are grateful for responsive community support to help us meet increased demand and expenses for Meals on Wheels.
- United Way of Whitman County COVID-19 Community Fund grant
- Safeway/Albertson’s Foundation “Nourishing Neighbors — Feed Local Families during this Crisis” grant
- Innovia Foundation COVID-19 Community Response and Recovery Fund
- Pullman Safeway and Dissmore’s IGA — plastic shopping bags for no-contact delivery of meals
- Sid’s Pharmacy — hand sanitizer for Meals on Wheels delivery volunteers
- Those who donated cloth face masks for staff and Meals on Wheels clients